POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Render times : Re: Render times Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render times
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 14 Feb 2001 10:33:11
Message: <3a8aa537$1@news.povray.org>
I misworded that.  It really wasn;t a debug compile, really, but had
some issues such as speed optimizations.  See these quotes:

"*g* I found the "mistake". I forgot to set the compiler thr optimization to
max speed ( I had disabled the optimization ). Now new speed check"

  Another quote:

I think I know why the 3D!Now version is one minut slower. I changed some
things by the color converting ( float to unsigned char ), but this was now
not ready so it would be slower then the "normal" PovRay. I wanted to speed
up the display speed, but this was not done jet. I will remove this and test
again and post the results.