POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu) : Re: What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What du you think about my masonry? (jpg 51,3 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 13 Feb 2001 14:26:57
Message: <3a898a81$1@news.povray.org>
Remco de Korte schrieb in Nachricht <3A8953DC.24DD89FC@xs4all.nl>...
>It looks good, especially the mortar but 22 minutes for such a small piece
>doesn't seem very practical.
>Is it possible to use this in larger objects?

Thanks! Rendertime got even worth when changed some things (like some more
warps to distort the granite-bumps a bit oh, and when I switched the shadows
on, that took also it's time). I had once an hour for this piece of masonry
(without anti-aliasing that is). But I speeded things up a bit afterwards
and think the rendertime is quite okay. Although it's just one small piece
it covers most of the 640x480 pixels.
I'm using it now as part of another object and rendertimes are not that bad,
as it covers only part of the image (some 14 min for the whole scene).
Things slow down when it comes to the bricks, but I'm already used to it -
the sign in my last scene rendered for a full night.

Marc-Hendrik