POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7 : Re: Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Feb 2001 09:02:36
Message: <3a893e7c$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3A8917E3.848C7D35@mail.ourservers.net> , Robert Byer
<bye### [at] mailourserversnet>  wrote:

> My question, is "#pragma peephole off" needed?  Is this something
> that was used for testing and not removed?

While I am in no way responsible for the code of MegaPOV, I can tell
what it is:  One current Mac compiler has a bug in its peephole
optimiser which causes an internal compiler error if some other
optimisations are on as well.  I guess someone added the pragma to the
source code to still get peephole optimisations in the other parts of
the code by leaving the global optimisation flag on.  Just remove it.

       Thorsten