POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help, Height Field visual error? : Help, Height Field visual error? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Help, Height Field visual error?
From: David Whatley
Date: 9 Feb 2001 00:36:36
Message: <3a8381e4@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone, I hope this is the correct group.  My apologies if it is
not.

I am having some difficulty with rendering heightfields (pov and megapov do
the same thing).  I am getting a "patchiness" large patches on slopes that
do not conform to anything reasonable as seen in this small are of an image.
I've eliminated everything in the scene except the heightfield (feed by an
image) and shaded with White.  I've tried other height map images, and
everything exhibits the same symptoms.

The problem is the dark gray patches creeping up the slope of this plateau
which are clearly not conforming to the true shape.  In heightfields with
gentle hills, I get the same thing (even more prominent).

Any hints?

Thanks,

David Whatley
dw### [at] playnet

ps. POV is a wonderful work of engineering.  Kudos to those who made it
possible!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.bmp.dat' (25 KB)