POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Need models of "humans" : Re: Need models of "humans" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need models of "humans"
From: James
Date: 9 Feb 2001 00:00:49
Message: <3a837981@news.povray.org>
> or track down a copy of Poser3 on a cover CD as it is now being freely
> distributed by that means (by freely, I mean that it is not a
> save-restricted version or anything, I am not sure what the specific
licence
> is).
>
> If your figures need animating, and if close-up detail isn't crucial, I
> would recommend blobman. For poser figures, you are going to have a major
> exporting and conversion job on your hands.
>
> If you can't find it, and if your bandwidth is up to it, you can download
> the PC version from:
> http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/poser3/ - you will need poser3_pc.zip and
> serial_number.txt

I couldn't help but comment about this - I have been seeing quite a bit of
excellent software bundled with magazines these days - but I think the
license is "You must buy the magazine to use the software." The magazine
editors must make a deal with the software companies and the magazine pays
an amount to the company and they allow, more often than not, an obsolete
version of the software to be on the magazine CD coverdisk.

I think this is a great idea, I have got full versions of the following
software off the front of magazines: (I use Windoze)

Truespace 1.0 (You can download this off the net at http://pcplus.co.uk )
Truespace 3 S/E (notice the S/E - it is a crippled version but still
interesting for animation. Inverse Kinematics and physical simulations)
Amapi 3D V4.1 (I found the interface frustrating - almost as frustrating as
Blender hehehe)
Borland Delphi Standard V3.0 (I like Pascal!)
Borland C++ Builder V?? (C++ makes me crosseyed!)

Now I'm downloading Poser 3 from your link - I might be breaking the law!
What was the name of the magazine, and the issue number so I can buy a copy?

Just so I can sleep at night......