POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Help with MPG encoding : Re: Help with MPG encoding Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with MPG encoding
From: Peter Harris
Date: 8 Feb 2001 14:28:51
Message: <3a82f373$1@news.povray.org>
> > Upon downloading, I found that it only takes uncompressed image files.
>
> I've never tried giving it image files.  I usually pass it an AVI
> to convert, and I'm pretty sure it can use both raw and
> compressed AVIs.

I'm sure it can. However, a raw AVI isn't going to let me make this huge
animation in my limited harddrive space. And I haven't taken stock of my AVI
CODECs lately, but last time I checked, most (all?) of the compressed formats
I have access to are lossy. I'd rather avoid lossiness until the final
(MPEG-encode) stage if I can.

Peter Harris