POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Glow Tutorial? : Re: Glow Tutorial? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow Tutorial?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 7 Feb 2001 08:00:10
Message: <3a8146da@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

> In article <3a7fffdf@news.povray.org>, Geoff Wedig
> <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote:

>> I see size works now.  Does transforming a glow in a union?  Doesn't say
>> so, so I guess probably not.

> I'm not sure how much of the glow code I sent them was used, I had
> partially started something like this.
> In the future, it will be an effect that is added to objects, and it
> behaves more like media than an object, so don't rely on it being
> transformed along with an object. (though I may add a glow_object to
> help work around this)

Well, it works weirdly.  If I attach a glow to a declared light, with the
light in a CSG object later, the transforms on the CSG seem to affect the
glow (it travels with them), but the transforms directly on the light (in
the light statement itself, even) don't seem to.  It stays at the light's
base position.  Still, at least if the glow is transformed the same as the
light in the bounding CSG, that makes things a little bit better, since I
can do the light's transforms on the glow manually if need be.

Geoff