POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: OpenMined
Date: 7 Feb 2001 03:34:12
Message: <3a810884$1@news.povray.org>
Matthew Webster <mat### [at] nospamvirginnet> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever thought of using a straight C++ interface for POV?
> It seems the language is slowly growing that way anyway but its all
getting
> a bit messy with more and more switches etc.

Why limit it to any particular language?  The ImageMagik folks apparently
provide a versatile interface so that scripting can be done in  Java, Perl,
Python, etc.

Speaking of Python, I'm only a very short period into it, but it seems VERY
clean and manageable so far.

(Please, no language 'jihad' being provoked here... just an honest first
impression.)