POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Help with MPG encoding : Help with MPG encoding Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Help with MPG encoding
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 6 Feb 2001 16:30:20
Message: <3a806cec@news.povray.org>
I need some help.  I've gotten POV to output my images in .tga format, then
I converted to an AVI.  This much worked, though the AVI was big (15 MB for
70 320x240 frames).  I looked around for an MPG1 encoder, but couldn't find
one that worked with .tga files, or required lots of parameters I didn't
know how to set (I'm fairly new to this animation thing)  Finally, I found
an avi2mpg1 encoder, and this worked, but all the blues in the image have
become red!?

So, anyone seen this before and know how to correct it?  Barring that,
anyone know of a good encoder that a newbie like me can figure out?  I'd
like to have a animation that doesn't eat disk space.

Geoff