POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wristwatch (188 kb) : Re: Wristwatch (188 kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wristwatch (188 kb)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 5 Feb 2001 17:14:31
Message: <3a7f25c7$1@news.povray.org>
Well there ARE some large hieght-field maps.  They were created via the
povray editor as well.  I had tried strictly using objects (no image maps)
but the render time became impossible for me. The structures are mainly
height_fields.

Actually the background (outside the camera range) was an image map of my
house applied to a sphere to give a realistic background.  So yes, there you
are right I was "cheating"