POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Emergency! Need help ASAP! : Re: Emergency! Need help ASAP! Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emergency! Need help ASAP!
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 5 Feb 2001 09:57:38
Message: <3a7ebf62@news.povray.org>
Tony[B] <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> I'm having some trouble with a font. Remember the hallway image I made,
with
> the floating lamps? The one that used Gilles' pipe include? Well, the text
> on the walls, that used to read "LABORATORY" and "ELEVATOR" no longer work
> in MegaPOV 0.6. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The font worked fine in
> MegaPOV 0.4. All I get is a lot of "Character nn (0xnn) not found in
[font]"
> errors. I've tried all the different types of string_encoding to no avail.
> What's wrong? Help me! I need to have this burned on a CD for tomorrow!

No help here, I'm afraid, but I had the same thing with my current
irtc entry. I didn't think much of it at the time as I was using a strange
font, but I remember that every second character worked, ie
'l', 'n', 'p' worked while 'm' and 'o' didn't.

Maybe something with unicode???

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *