POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twisted Chevy : Re: Twisted Chevy Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twisted Chevy
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 5 Feb 2001 06:51:44
Message: <3a7e93d0@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote in message <3a7d5a5c@news.povray.org>...
> For both image 1 and 2 the parse time was about 10 min.

my parse time was 7 secs with dos version in windows under NT
I use Pentium II 233 with 128 RAM but I use at least 10 main parallel tasks
including financial database server serving data for clients
povtask had low priority

> and the peak memory
> was about 9 MB.

peak memory was 5 MB in my version

> For image 1 (grey pigment) the trace time was about 7 min. making a total
> render time of about 17 min. For image 2 the trace time was about 15 min.
> making the total render time about 25 min.

my render time was about 1h43m

> These results can be compared to the results produced by ABX's patch shown
> at the end of the thread "beauty of twisted rays". I don't know which
> computer he's using though.

result is the same becouse I think triangles of mesh are small comparing to the
pixel size, I think we should compare something bigger :-)

> Note though that for these images the textures were not deformed together
> with the meshes.

Note that with my method they will be automatically deformed together

> Deformed textures would with my method most likely increase
> the memory use a lot and the parse time too.

And note that in my method deformed textures not increase memory use and not
increase parse time.

ABX