POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a whole bunch of roses [273kb] : Re: a whole bunch of roses [273kb] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a whole bunch of roses [273kb]
From: Tom Melly
Date: 4 Feb 2001 09:11:58
Message: <3a7d632e@news.povray.org>
"Peter J. Holzer" <hjp### [at] SiKituwsracat> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] tealhhjpat...

> Have a look at
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/filesVFAQ.html#noartifactsinjpeg

Ah - this would seem to explain the problem. PSP has no options with regard
to super-sampling. I'll get hold of cjpeg and see if it fixes those
occasional images that don't respond well to standard jpeg conversion.

I'm a great respecter of file-size in posts which, all in all, is about the
only justification for jpegs. To be frank, given the POV is a fairly
technical, graphics orientated program, it seems hard to have much sympathy
for those who haven't got around to solving any technical problems to
viewing png's in this group.