POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PovRay faster : Re: PovRay faster Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay faster
From: Tony[B]
Date: 1 Feb 2001 12:25:11
Message: <3a799bf7@news.povray.org>
> And a special compiler which supports MMX, 3D!Now and SSE. I just
> have a beta version of this compiler, the full version cost 499.-- US
> dollar.

I am searching around the web for compilers that you can use... I've found
the following

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/
Free. Supports MMX and 3DNow.

http://developer.intel.com/software/products/compilers/c50/index.htm
Free for 30 days. Works if you have Visual Studio. Supports all the stuff in
Intel processors.

http://www.codeplay.com/
"VectorC" with support for MMX, 3DNow! and Intel SIMD. Also integrates into
Visual Studio. There doesn't seem to be a free version (that we could use to
compile POV-Ray), but it's cost ranges from $80 for the special version (no
Athlon or Pentium 4 support, slower compiling and less frequent updates), to
$750 for the pro. version. This one if listed on AMD's developer area.

That's pretty much it. I can't find any more free/sharware compilers that
will do optimizations for this stuff you're adding. Keep up the good work!