POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PovRay faster : Re: PovRay faster Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay faster
From: Daniel Jungmann
Date: 1 Feb 2001 11:10:46
Message: <3a798a86@news.povray.org>
For 1 I need not to rewrite the compiler, I need to write a lot of macros
( not exactly the same, a lot of work) and I need to analyse the source
code, because the code must bee "parallel" so the SIMD instructions can
work. This changes are "native" C and won't speed down the "normal" version
of PovRay. And a special compiler which supports MMX, 3D!Now and SSE. I just
have a beta version of this compiler, the full version cost 499.-- US
dollar.