POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Rendering Objects In gray scale : Rendering Objects In gray scale Server Time
3 May 2024 09:46:26 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Objects In gray scale
From: Pablo Viojo
Date: 31 Jan 2001 16:31:13
Message: <3a788421@news.povray.org>
I have recently downloaded the PovRay source code and try to make a little
modification to it:

I need to render a scene in a gray scale but not entirely, this is I need
some objects to render in this way while the rest of the scene renders as
it does normally. So, I thought that a good way of making this could be
create a new key to add to the objects I want to render in gray scale, let's
say "gray".

I started proofing this in a box:
1. Added to the OBJECTS_FIELD definition a new field called Gray, so it
became

#define OBJECT_FIELDS   \
  METHODS *Methods;     \
  int Type;             \
  OBJECT *Sibling;      \
  TEXTURE *Texture;     \
  INTERIOR *Interior;   \
  OBJECT *Bound;        \
  OBJECT *Clip;         \
  BBOX BBox;            \
  unsigned long Flags;  \
  bool Gray;

Then I tried to execute the program (knowing it would not do anything by
now) but when I tried to render a scene (anyone) I have an error in the
line:
if (Object->Type & LT_SRC_UNION_OBJECT)

that's in the function Post_Process called after an object is parse (a
couple of lines after the called to Parse_Object(...))

The error is "Unhandled Exception in pvengine.exe 0xC0000005: Access
Violation"

I know what it means because I have programmed for so long but only recently
started programming in c (c++).

I thought that the problem here is about how many memory povray reserve to
an Object and when I added a new field to the structure I'm having a problem
with the memory addresses.

If anyone has any suggest about this problem or about how to solve my
original problem in a best way I'm waiting for your answer.-

Thanks a lot.-

Pablo Viojo
pvi### [at] adinetcomuy