POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln : Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln
From: Chris S
Date: 31 Jan 2001 13:51:29
Message: <3a785eb1$1@news.povray.org>
Quite stunning...even more so then some of your past work.  As others have
mentioned, you've definitely outdone yourself...

Alright...enough mindless praise;)

The ships and the meteorites are inarguably the most finely crafted (I don't
know which I like better).  Extra points for the fiery explosion trails.  My
only significant criticism would be the crand of the rings which look overly
"rough".  The sharp distinction between some of the rings looks artificial
IMHO.

Oddly enough this hasn't depressed me but instead inspired.  I see this and
realize what can truly be accomplished with this humble little raytracer.

Overall, this has been a pleasant surprise for an otherwise mundane
Wednesday.  I was wondering where you were going with the hull you posted
last week.

Now I dare ask...the lensflare and nebulae, yours or an include?

Take care,
-Chris-