POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha : Re: Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 31 Jan 2001 10:13:30
Message: <3a782b9a@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~warp/TesselationPatch/

This may be the solution I'm looking for.  Has anyone compiled this for Win
platforms that I can get it?  I could go and compile Megapov myself, but I'm
lazy.

Right now, I'm trying to create a mesh of an object's surface, but only when
viewed from a certain angle (the triangles that would be visible using an
orthographic camera).  I figure I can use the tesselation patch and
only keep those triangles that have normals pointing in that direction (or
partially in that direction).  Is there a better way than that?

Anyway, does anyone have the binary files available for me to play with?

Geoff