POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : beauty of twisted rays : Chevy after crash (Re: beauty of twisted rays) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Chevy after crash (Re: beauty of twisted rays)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 31 Jan 2001 10:00:40
Message: <3a782898@news.povray.org>
C.J. wrote in message <3a758ce0$1@news.povray.org>
> Did you get the 57 chevy?

yes, thanks, really thanks
could be possible to put this in one of binary groups on this news server to
allow everybody play with this stuff ?

and than Rune wrote in message <3a75ce8c$1@news.povray.org>...
> Erm, I think that was me asking for that model so I could deform it, and no,
> I haven't got it...

I've asked him becouse I've expected that we could compare twisted results. It
seems I embarrass you and/or him. I'm sorry.

Here is my result of twisted chevy. I have still not finished code of
inheritance of texturing therefore I've rendered it with just
texture{pigment{color rgb 1}finish{ specular 1}}. Front of
car,light_source,camera are the same like in C.J.'s file, back of car is twisted
90 degrees, box and planes are removed, sky is replaced with bacground(White).

BTW: I have advice for everyone who has chevy-script from C.J. I've optimized
bounding for it becouse it is originally rotated and waste spece of bounding.
Please use it such way:

#declare Chevy=/* union from C.J. */
#declare Chevy=object {
  Chevy
  transform { rotate y*31.625 rotate -x*90 }
  bounded_by { box { <-3.1,-8.4,-2.4> <3.1,8.5,2.5> } }
  transform { rotate x*90 rotate -y*31.625 }
}

this was found experimentally - without calculating coordinates of vertices
rotating around x was for me to put twisting axis along y

some notes from output generated with my patch attached

thanks for watching, thanks for reading :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chevy.jpg' (14 KB) Download 'PLIK.TXT' (4 KB)

Preview of image 'chevy.jpg'
chevy.jpg