POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PovRay faster : Re: PovRay faster Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:13:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay faster
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Jan 2001 09:07:21
Message: <3a781c19$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3A777C01.EFB12667@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> As someone who owns an Athlon machine I consider that a silly question :)
>
> Besides there are now more than just one person using this CPU. Lots of
> people are buying them.

Yes, but who handles all the support coming from more than _one_ version?
If you offer something like ten versions optimised for the ten (or more) x86
processors in common use today, and half of them are slow on another four
and do not run on the other five of the ten processors, you will have a lot
of confused users.  Remember that not everybody knows what processor they
use - why should a user know?

      Thorsten