POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Please look at this and tell me what's wrong.(563 KB) : Re: Please look at this and tell me what's wrong.(563 KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please look at this and tell me what's wrong.(563 KB)
From: Maan M  Hamze
Date: 31 Jan 2001 07:09:36
Message: <3a780080@news.povray.org>
"Rick [Kitty5]" <ric### [at] kitty5com> wrote in message

> > Motion Blur does provide smooth transition between frames. And it is
> > essential for the realism.
> > In addition, with motion blur you do not need as much frames to produce
> > smooth motion.
>
> exactly what i was thinking.
>
> none of you mentioned that it looks cool as well though :))

And that too :)  but I was looking at the 'natural Aristotelian' functional
side of things :O
I remember years ago a neat raytracer that supported animations.  Each frame
had motion blur of the moving animated object.  This was done automatically
as a built in capability in the raytracer.
Keyframing something is not enough at times.  Unless we can have a built in
motion blur of moving objects.  The difference is between, well, animating
an object, and.......making it move :)
Maan