POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Adding object to Moray : Re: Adding object to Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding object to Moray
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 30 Jan 2001 08:39:24
Message: <3a76c40c@news.povray.org>
Arne Kleinophorst <kle### [at] debitelnet> wrote:

> Hmm, but there might be a way to do it almost the way you like it.
> Create an object in a special file, export it as a udo, implement it as
> udo in the target file. Then if you change your object in the source
> file & export it every time you changned it, it should work the way i
> understood your attempt. ???

> Anybody else a better idea?

It depends on how accurate you want your representation.  I've hand coded
udo files more than once, giving a box where the object is, without giving
any detail.  If all you care about is placing the object, this is
sufficient.  In fact, I do this quite a bit.  I make very complex objects in
pov, using aspects that Moray doesn't support (or using Moray to build a
base object, turn it into a pov source, edit that source, create the udo,
and port back in as udo into a different scene)  It's not too bad to do
something like this, and can add a lot, without blowing up the moray/pov
files.

Geoff