POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Burn in Hell - Final : Re: Burn in Hell - Final Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Burn in Hell - Final
From: Rune
Date: 28 Jan 2001 18:36:13
Message: <3a74aced@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> I would swap that burning man for something a bit more realistic
> (anybody got some Poser model to contribute to Rune?),

Funny, my thought was that in this particular scene it wouldn't make a big
difference since the figure is barely more than a silhouette.

> and I would add some radiosity.

I'm using some weird lightning settings, so I have no idea what radiosity
would do to this. My computer is too slow to do radiosity experiments, and I
have absolutely no experience with radiosity anyway, but the source code is
available, so feel free to experiment on your own, and let me know if you
get some interesting results!

> Otherwise, very nice. I really like that burst.inc. It looks
> cool. I would love to see it animated.

It really isn't that great animated. The burst isn't based on any real
physics at all, so even though it looks nice in images, it looks fake when
animated.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org