POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chain Mail WIP.. : Re: Chain Mail WIP.. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chain Mail WIP..
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 26 Jan 2001 10:39:45
Message: <3a719a41@news.povray.org>
> >     Basically, I can generate flat peices,including angular ones, or
ones
> > that 'revolve' themselves around a given point in space.  In this case,
they
> > are actually two peices.  One revolving 1/4 around the origin (center of
the
> > cylinder), and another 1/4 around <12, 0, 0>.  If I only had the time to
> > work on things such as collision detection.  :-(  It'd be sweet if I
could
> > take a sheet and 'drape' it over things.  Then I wouldn't spend so much
time
> > thinking about getting the placement just right for my IRTC image..  :-)
> > I'm attempting to do a Paladin from the Crusades..
> I remember three kinds of chain mail.  Yours is the medium flexible
version.
> There is another kind that is stronger.  I used to ride the bus to school
every
> day with a guy who was making a glove.  It was taking him a very long
time.

    Yep.  There are several kinds of 'weaves' you can use..  The one shown
is a 4 in 1 weave.  I also have a mess around version that does a 6 in 1 and
8 in 1 weave.  I'm familiar with the weaves, and even messed around with
making my own for a bit, but never finished it.  To boring, like Knitting,
but with metal.. :-)