POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) : Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 26 Jan 2001 05:05:08
Message: <3a714bd4@news.povray.org>
Abe schrieb in Nachricht <3A70A1E5.37A0BA2D@taconic.net>...
>I really like the atmosphere of this pic...

Thank you!

>and I feel bad about giving criticism.

You are welcome. There is no point in posting a picture if you don't want to
know what the other think about it.

>However, the light doesn't seem to peak in intensity at the sources -
>i.e. flare - like my eye expects it too. Could something be done with
>glows or pseudo-flares (using textured discs)?

Oh, I see what you mean. I tried a glow first, cause I hoped I could skip
the media for the haze. But it did not look right. More like a modern time
street  lamp or such. And would have been quite difficult to find the right
colour for it, 'couse of the tinted glass and such (hm, maybe not THAT
difficult).
I didn't try flares yet 'cause I somehow don't like the idea. OTOH you are
absolutely right, that the low intensity robs some realism.

Marc-Hendrik