POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) : Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 26 Jan 2001 05:05:04
Message: <3a714bd0$1@news.povray.org>
KalleK schrieb in Nachricht <3a70536e$1@news.povray.org>...
>It really is OK. No, it is not, it's cool!

Thank you!

>The media does a good job,

Yeah it is okay, but there are some strange things happening above the lamps
(in the shadow of their 'ceilings').

> and the wood of the houses is very nice. Looks like much Iso too me.

Most of the scene is done with Isosurfaces. They are not that slow if the
formula is not too complicate.

>I wish, I would do such images.

You probably can :-). The most complicate thing in this pic was the sign.
But with some help over in p.newuser I got the imagemaps right and the rest
was not that hard. The woodstructure is just the function of a pigment I
copied from woods.inc with a flipped repeat-warp. The dog is a screenshot
from the poser3-dog (didn't want to bother with meshes this time) as another
pigment-function. Same with the text. Finaly I added some grooves between
the planks with another function.
The other Isos are just basic shapes (esp. rbox) with one or two
pigment-functions. Since I could do most of the cut-outs for doors and
windows by simple csg ('cause the beams cover the edges), the functions
remaind simple and fast.

Putting all together needed some time, but that's because I have not the
discipline to code first and render afterwards. So I make a test-render
after each single change which is quite slow, even if you concentrate on the
relevant parts.

Marc-Hendrik