POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) : Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dancing cur (89,6 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 26 Jan 2001 05:05:03
Message: <3a714bcf$1@news.povray.org>
Bob H. schrieb in Nachricht <3a701f85@news.povray.org>...
>A neat picture.

Thanks!

>The media might need intervals 2 or 3.  Like I always say, it still makes a
>difference when I use that in MegaPov despite it being said to be
automatic.
>If you test that you should be able to lower samples to compensate for
render
>time.

You might be right, I made a "quick" test with intervals 3 and samples 10,10
on the left part of the picture. Took about as long as with samples 30 but
perhaps it was a but smoother. I wonder if I should work more with
aa_threshold and aa_level. OTOH are the default settings of 0.1 and 4 not
bad at all AFAIK.

Marc-Hendrik