POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chain Mail WIP.. : Re: Chain Mail WIP.. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chain Mail WIP..
From: Thomas Charron
Date: 25 Jan 2001 18:01:59
Message: <3a70b067$1@news.povray.org>
"Andy Cocker" <big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote in message
> "Thomas Charron" <tch### [at] ductapenet> wrote in message
> >     Whatcha think?  This is *VERY* preliminary work.  I may turn the
> chains
> > into studded chain instead of just cut wire chain in the future.  This
is
> > just a quick render to see what it'd look like draped over a standard
> white
> > pigment cylinder..  Any ideas to make the chain look more realistic?
> It's great. Is the chain using any kind of collision detection? Would it
> adapt itself to any surface I mean?

    I wish..  :-)  Theres a reason why it's laying on a cylinder, ya know..
:-)

    Basically, I can generate flat peices,including angular ones, or ones
that 'revolve' themselves around a given point in space.  In this case, they
are actually two peices.  One revolving 1/4 around the origin (center of the
cylinder), and another 1/4 around <12, 0, 0>.  If I only had the time to
work on things such as collision detection.  :-(  It'd be sweet if I could
take a sheet and 'drape' it over things.  Then I wouldn't spend so much time
thinking about getting the placement just right for my IRTC image..  :-)
I'm attempting to do a Paladin from the Crusades..