POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing with Mandelbrot ... : Re: Playing with Mandelbrot ... Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing with Mandelbrot ...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 25 Jan 2001 04:35:04
Message: <3a6ff348@news.povray.org>
> > When I just resize the image, only every 2nd Pixel(in x and y) would be
> > taken in the resulting image ...
> > this would lead to aliasing-artifacts ... we would get our nice
> > stairsteps...
>
> Then whatever imaging program you have is quite lacking! Hope it's not PSP
or
> Photoshop.

I said before: I simply don't trust the smart-resize-function of PSP....
It has also other resize modes, (quadratic,cubic) which only seem useful to
me when scaling the image >100% ...

Of course, I think Photoshop will do it right, but it's another class...

Hey: This discussion was NOT the intention of the picture ... ;-)

--
Jan Walzer