POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AA Gun (~38Kbu) : Re: AA Gun (~38Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AA Gun (~38Kbu)
From: Ben Lauritzen
Date: 24 Jan 2001 15:51:19
Message: <3a6f4047@news.povray.org>
> 1. some kind of "gasket" at the base of the turret.

A what now?

> 2. make the ladder smaller, and turn the turret the other way.
>     I mentally hit my head on that barrel every time.
>     the way it's laid out now, it looks like the ladder is for attackers
> to use!
>     maybe even a chain-link fence and locked gate around the ladder.

I have a smaller ladder now, and the default rotation isn't right above the
ladders.  But I'm planning to put it on a high wall so there's no need for a
fence or anything.

> 3. some kind of periscope or slot for the gunner to target through.

I think it should be automated actually...

> 4. a hatch in the side to load ammo through.

Haven't decided on a spot for that yet.

> 5. camouflage coloring?  use bozo pattern for this.

It's going to be yellowish(probably), to match the wall it's on.

> 6. a bird on the end of the barrel.  To give it humor and scale.

Maybe some pieces of a bird... wait that's too morbid.

> 7. maybe a coke can on the surface of the structure somewhere.

I was going for fantasy, maybe in the past, before coke... but they have
guns...

> 8. a black number on the side.  the military numbers everything.

Done.

> 9. maybe a satellites dish.

Hmmm.