POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu) : Re: sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 24 Jan 2001 13:33:27
Message: <3a6f1ff7@news.povray.org>
Bob H. wrote in message <3a6f1b18@news.povray.org>...
> It is still fast in a sense, I'd say too.

You must remember that first level of deforming is rather fast.
Deform of deform is slower.

> Can a cylinder be bent anywhere
> along it's length for example?

It's one of my planed default "patterns" of deforms.

> If you can manage a nonuniform scaling effect (sphere into egg) with your
> deform patch

I can
I think interesting "pattern" of deform will be puting any object
from along y-axis to along spline or torpatch.

> I want to see it in POV-Ray 3.5.  Oh okay, version 4 then.  :-)

When I finish I'll send my patch to coodinators of MegaPOV. Perhaps they find it
usefull. :-)

Thanks for opinion.

ABX