POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu) : sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  sphere in wonderland (twisting all the time with 690 kbu)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 24 Jan 2001 12:47:26
Message: <3a6f152e@news.povray.org>
Another experiment to test correct behavior of my deform patch. This time there
is one sphere with uv_mapping, two lights, camera, background and three mirrors
with no_reflection parameter to not multiple reflections - mirrors in mirrors
are also interesting but I must leave something for fun others after release of
patch :-). Render time was 2 minutes 40 seconds per frame. It is more than
previous becouse:
- much bigger frame size than previous
- reflections
- only pure old Pentium 120 MHz with working database server on it.
I think it is still reasonably fast.
Here is source code for this scene to better orientation what happened in scene.
Little comment to deform: default twisting is applied along y axis. Sphere is
translated along x to put this axis not in the center of sphere. I think
definition of twisting is extremly easy for user. I think this is good
introduction to dancing balls.

/* OnMirror.POV */

#declare C=<0,1,-5>;
#declare L=<0,10,0>;

camera{ location C direction 1.5*z right 4/3*x look_at 0 }

background { color rgb 0 }

light_source { L color red 1 green 1 blue 0 }

light_source { C color red 0 green 1 blue 1 }

#declare Text=texture{
pigment{color rgb 1}
finish{reflection 1 ambient 0 diffuse 0}
}

#declare twist_max=1000;
#declare speed=1/8;
#declare twist0=clock^speed;
#declare twist1=4+((.5*cos(twist0*pi))+.5)*twist_max;

// second half of anim was done for twist1=-twist1

sphere {
  0.0, 1
  translate x*1.5
  deform { twist twist1 }
  translate z*2
  translate -x*1.25
  uv_mapping
  texture{pigment{checker color rgb 0 color rgb 1}finish{specular 1}scale 1/20}
}

#declare rot=30;
#declare tran=5;

plane { -z 0 texture {Text} rotate rot*y translate z*tran no_reflection}
plane { -z 0 texture {Text} rotate -rot*y translate z*tran no_reflection}
plane { y (-1) texture {Text} no_reflection}

/* end of file */

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: