POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 23 Jan 2001 10:31:59
Message: <3a6da3ef@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote in message <3a6d9332@news.povray.org>...
> "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> > The main difference beetween my method and your is that you
> > (as I understand) simply average normals after deformation.
>
> I don't average any normals.

sorry for the mistake but ...
you wrote "I find points on the plane perpendicular to the input normal, then
deform those points, and then find the deformed normal which is the vector
perpendicular to the deformed points on the plane."
I just don't understand this meaning sentence.
How you find normal perpendicular to 4 (you wrote that you best number is 4)
deformed points ? and what plane ? 4 points not describe plane.

> > In my method I use weighted averaging dependant of area of
> > triangles described by deformed perpendicular vectors.
>
> There are no triangles involved at all in my normal calculations.

every two vectors joined to one point describe triangle
I just "virtualize" situation :-)

ABX