POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : worship update (link not image) : Re: worship update (link not image) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: worship update (link not image)
From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 Jan 2001 04:33:50
Message: <3a6d4ffe@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote in message

> Is the figure from Poser? If so where did you get such a good texture for
> it?

Poser 3 - I used 3dWin and UV mapper and painted the colours in PSP,
sampling them from the source image
(http://www.bhaktisangeet.com/gods/80g.jpg). I think it's the radiosity that
makes it look nice since there's certainly nothing special going on apart
from that. Oh, there's one oddity - the pose is impossible - I scaled the
figure <1,1,0.5> to keep the feet closer together.