POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blob Bot - 50.6kbu : Blob Bot - 50.6kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Blob Bot - 50.6kbu
From: Alan Holding
Date: 22 Jan 2001 18:07:06
Message: <3a6cbd1a@news.povray.org>
Hello, all.

I was off work today with a bad back - and ended up doing this little
monster whilst teaching myself how to model with blobs.

BTW -Technical query here.  The rear view of the bot is a cheat.  I had to
comment out the code for the image maps (that's the stylised robot head on
the chest and the number 23 on the shoulder) as they were being 'projected
through' to the back.  Anyone know a way to get them onto the front only,
without having to split the object down the middle and union the two
different versions (one with maps, one without) back together?  Badly
phrased, but I hope someone understands what I mean.

And, nearly forgot...  Thanks Rune for your blob tutorial!  I understand
negative strength a lot more now.

Bye,
Alan.

Post a reply to this message