POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : worship update (link not image) : Re: worship update (link not image) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: worship update (link not image)
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Jan 2001 16:33:49
Message: <3a6ca73d@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message

> If you're up to it, I'd suggest throwing even more little detail into the
> gold/pearl ornaments. Perhaps some sort of normal pattern in the gold,
creating
> the impression of a multitude of tiny details. Yeah it's detailed already,
but I
> seem to remember such decorations to be even more elaborate.

all on my "must do" list - funnily, the gold has a normal, but I've found
that a global ambient completely washes out normals. Shame, as I like that
unearthly effect you get with it.

At the moment I'm still concentrating on getting the large elements into
place - rather tedious work, and I'm looking forward to following up with
the textures and finer details.