POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
21 Jul 2024 05:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 22 Jan 2001 13:27:05
Message: <3a6c7b79@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote in message <3a6c7008@news.povray.org>...
> "Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> > It can't at current level of pov syntax but after some
> > patches (my plans) it could be done.
> > Did you carefully read proposition of my syntax ?
>
> I've read the post where you describe a user-defined twist-deform.
>
> I didn't find it intuitive, and I didn't really understand it at all, but
> that may just be me.

I think it is you ;-) becouse (I think) this is nearly the same syntax
like for pure POV only no hash before local and default values for params

> I also noticed that it took up several lines of code,
> where my macro took up only one short line of code.

but my code is parsed only once and then it is used internally
as pointers to functions

> Of course your solution was also more general, but I'd like to see what a
> deform would look like that did exactly the same as the macro I made, so I
> can better compare.

animation posted to p.b.a just now
this is not user defined deformation
but my build-in twisting
with user defined twisting I'll wait for 3.5
before this I realize more built-in deformations

ABX