POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
21 Jul 2024 05:36:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Rune
Date: 22 Jan 2001 12:38:16
Message: <3a6c7008@news.povray.org>
"Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > I was discussing with ABX if a patch could do it as easily
> > and flexibly (to the user) as a macro.
> >
> > Seems that it can't...
>
> It seems that it could...

Seems like you and Chris disagree on that point...! ;)

> It can't at current level of pov syntax but after some
> patches (my plans) it could be done.
> Did you carefully read proposition of my syntax ?

I've read the post where you describe a user-defined twist-deform.

I didn't find it intuitive, and I didn't really understand it at all, but
that may just be me. I also noticed that it took up several lines of code,
where my macro took up only one short line of code.

Of course your solution was also more general, but I'd like to see what a
deform would look like that did exactly the same as the macro I made, so I
can better compare.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org