POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Need models of "humans" : Re: Need models of "humans" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need models of "humans"
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Jan 2001 10:04:15
Message: <3a6c4bef$1@news.povray.org>
"A. Jans-Beken" <jan### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message

The wrong group for this request, IMHO.

Do the figures need to be animated?

I doubt anyone has anything this specific. However, two suggestions.
Depending on the degree of realism you need, you could try either Blobman
(http://members.nbci.com/_XOOM/HoustonGraph/POV-Ray/index.htm)
or track down a copy of Poser3 on a cover CD as it is now being freely
distributed by that means (by freely, I mean that it is not a
save-restricted version or anything, I am not sure what the specific licence
is).

If your figures need animating, and if close-up detail isn't crucial, I
would recommend blobman. For poser figures, you are going to have a major
exporting and conversion job on your hands.

If you can't find it, and if your bandwidth is up to it, you can download
the PC version from:
http://www.tomandlu.co.uk/poser3/ - you will need poser3_pc.zip and
serial_number.txt

Also, check Gilles Tran's site for an excellent tutorial on converting from
Poser to POV.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/tutuv.htm

Also on Gilles' site is a listing and brief descriptions of resources for
figures (incl. Poser and Blobman)
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/mpeople.htm