POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Asteroid collides with planets ring [~55K mpg] : Asteroid collides with planets ring [~55K mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Asteroid collides with planets ring [~55K mpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Jan 2001 13:48:38
Message: <3a6b2f06@news.povray.org>
This is from an idea I had about 20 ! years ago.  I had made a color pencil
drawing in the early '80s of a view from above the asteroids surface.
This is not something I'm going to be able to do easily in POV-Ray I fear.  A
lot of media-in-motion stuff this will be.  It already looks better than any
drawing I could ever do, major reason I really like 3D renderings.
I'm going to have to figure a good way to move the ring as the asteroid goes
through.  The hole I made in it in tests was left out because it was so awful.
Well, here's the start of what could be a failure.

Bob H.
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ringasteroidcollision.mpg' (40 KB)