POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : human or animal eyes [~240K mpg] : Re: human or animal eyes [~240K mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: human or animal eyes [~240K mpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Jan 2001 13:37:02
Message: <3a6b2c4e@news.povray.org>
"Remco de Korte" <rem### [at] onwijscom> wrote in message
> It's a bit fast and since it doesn't loop I've watched it quite a few times
> get a good look. Impressive eyes, both day and night.
> Are you planning to do anything specific with this?
> BTW the eyelids obviously got less attention. It would be nice if you could
have
> a similar transition there (from human to animal).

Short answer, no.
The eyelids were made just to put them into something.  They don't look very
good, I know so thanks for saying you liked it anyhow.
Main thing I was trying for was the shape and texturing of the eyes.  There's a
texture inside to act as retina which is just a ambient change coupled with the
light.  Used MegaPOV for the reflections, angle dependent.
Since I have the free Poser 3 program I've thought about trying the eyes in a
model.  Want to make more color variations too.  I had already made cat eyes
before, which is actually where the "animal" part came from.
Small animation files are always fast  :-)

Bob H.