POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cool effect - shadows.jpg (~11KBU) : Re: cool effect - shadows.jpg (~11KBU) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cool effect - shadows.jpg (~11KBU)
From: Bob H
Date: 20 Jan 2001 02:19:44
Message: <3a693c10$1@news.povray.org>
"Ben Lauritzen" <loo### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I haven't seen anyone mention negative light sources.  Or maybe I'm the only
> one that thinks it's really cool.  I haven't thought of a practical use of
> this

Yep, some people know of it anyway, it's just not written up in the
documentation I guess.
I put it to use for making light beams with varied concentric intensity.
Another way of doing so would have been to use caustics made from a spotlight
shining through a clear refractive lens with a onion normal, for example.
Can also darken places of a room for effect.  So there are "practical" uses.

Bob H.