POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's for you, again WIP ( kbu) : Re: It's for you, again WIP ( kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's for you, again WIP ( kbu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 19 Jan 2001 04:14:30
Message: <3a680576@news.povray.org>
>Ooo... very nice :)  The phone booth is a wonderful touch,

Thanks, It took me ages to make all the edges curved. Actually, the hardest
part was the roof, it's a distorted superellipsoid, which gave me loads of
problems, which may be a bug. I'll see if I can reproduce the problem, it
seemed that eval only worked If I selected the part to render, not when I
ran the whole render. In the end I had to just keep upping the max_gradient
value, until I could see it :)

>I've recently
>been modelling an Australian phone booth, I'll link a pic somewhere once I
>get it all finished and textured :)

Cool, maybe we could do a whole gallery of them, then again maybe not,
people would start avoiding us :)

>I really like the hazy appearance the image has..

Thanks, it's just the way the fog appeared when I made it up, just lucky I
guess.

Kev

http://web.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis