POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : about time for more ridged multifractaling [~222K Jpg] : Re: antialiased ridged multifractaling [~150K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: antialiased ridged multifractaling [~150K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Jan 2001 01:13:46
Message: <3a67db1a@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote in message

> It's probably just the camera angle or me, but the mountain in the lower
> left-hand side seems a bit too low to have glaciers.

Yeah, just snow let's pretend, not glaciers.  Think you're right though the
terrain flattens out under the camera, or appears so anyway.

> > Oh, and the scene file is at p.t.s-f.
>
> Thank you very much.

YW, and I forgot to mention that I had done a strange thing to the slope
texture.  I rotated it some.  Not sure if that was a good idea to try.  Was
thinking about shadow-side having more snow and sunlit-side having less snow.
Needs another approach for that but I haven't figured a way (yet?) using just
the slope texture alone.  Probably only messed it up but I forgot to remove
that part.

Bob H.