POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jan 2001 14:41:50
Message: <3a6746fe@news.povray.org>
"Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> I plan to mix [the deform patch] with tessalation patch
> and allow one directional deformations for meshes and
> bidirectional for other objects

That's interesting. The mesh deformation would be handled in a *completely*
different way than for other objects, right?

> > Doesn't this slow down the rendering?
>
> a little

> my parsing time is not changed

But for deformed meshes the parsing time would increase and rendering time
would be unchanged, like with my macro, I think.

I'm sure a mesh deforming patch would be much quicker than my mesh deforming
macro. It's just that nobody has made such a patch *yet*...

Also, my macro gives the user full control over the deformation. How would
the user control the deformation in your patch? (I mean the deformations for
meshes.)

> but more accuracy -> more vertices -> more parse time, right ?

Yes. I never said it was quick... :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org