POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jan 2001 11:21:53
Message: <3a671821@news.povray.org>
"Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> fine. looking at your example I have a question
> is there any difference beetween this result and
> results of my deform patch presented in p.b.i
> during last month ?

Last I heard, your deform patch could do reversible deformations only.
With my method any deformation can be done.

> as long as you work on mesh this is faceted but my
> patch work fine with *any* object

Doesn't this slow down the rendering?
My method does not slow down the rendering at all. The parsing is a bit slow
though.

> I'll make animated example for you perhaps there
> should be speed comparison mesh->mezz->rendering will
> win but perhaps deform->teselation->rendering could be
> more accurate

My method produces results as accurate as the input mesh is.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org