POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born : Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 17 Jan 2001 11:34:23
Message: <3a65c98f@news.povray.org>
ough, I don't like write explanations becouse my vocabulary appears poor :-(

Warp wrote in message <3a65c258@news.povray.org>...
>Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
>: did you consider my proposition to put tesselation as part of object
modifiers ?

>  I think that would be more difficult than it may sound.

I did it for my deform patch
Everything what it need is to change parse_object_mod to return (OBJECT *)
and change Parse_*() functions.

> When povray parses an object, it creates internally an object of that
> type. A tesselation modifier would have to change that object to a mesh
> object.

when you tesselate object you do it probably to use it insted of original object
for user there could be no difference - only speed up

>  I'm not sure if there is any advantage in this either.

I know that some peoples don't like such word like "modeller" according to
POV-script
but in modellers there is taskbar with operations applied to object and
rotation, scale and other linear operations are neighbours for twisting,
bending, screwing and neighbours for smoothing by removing of vertex, incresing
amount of vertex and something.

I you have ready function Parse_Tesselation() I can try simple apply to my
modified source of deform patch to apply your syntax and my proposed syntax.

hmm, I don't think that I explained :-(

ABX