POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worship WIP (65kbu) : Re: Worship WIP (65kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worship WIP (65kbu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 15 Jan 2001 10:15:39
Message: <3a63141b$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote in message <3a630891@news.povray.org>...
>An early preview of (hopefully) my irtc entry. Wall textures may change.
>I also might remove the normal from the wall stones and replace with
>an isosurface noise function. I'm also considering adding some form
>of relief work to the columns.

I think changing to an isosurface would help as you could also add a slight
perturbation to make the bricks seem less like they were all made in the
same mold. Also the mortar seems quite thick for those size bricks, although
this is down to personal taste I suppose.

It also looks like this is going to be an image that needs high aa settings
to make the patterns on the columns and floor seem right.

Good luck with the competition, I hope you make the deadline

Kev

http://web.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis