POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov? : Re: Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bump_maps + Mesh + MegaPov?
From: GrimDude
Date: 14 Jan 2001 23:47:40
Message: <3a6280ec@news.povray.org>
Thanks for that, Gilles.

I ended up using a bump_map image twice the size of the first.

I haven't had any trouble stacking pigments, but everytime I stack normals I
get problems. Is there a trick to applying more then a single bump_map to a
single surface?  I like my aluminum to look a little wavy, but other
features are best represented in the normal differently. Material map?
Hmmm,...

Grim

"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> GrimDude wrote:
>
> > I'm not getting bumps from image_maps. Is this broken for mesh objects?
> > Forgive me if I'm posting on a known thing. I'm pulling hair over here!
:)