POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem
From: Rune
Date: 14 Jan 2001 17:27:51
Message: <3a6227e7@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> > In a mesh the textures cannot be translated differently for
> > the different triangles. So to do UV mapping I have to either
> >
> > A) Remove the mesh{} block around the triangles.
> >
> > B) Predeclare a unique texture for every single triangle.
> >
> > Neither of those are attractive solutions.
>
> How about:
> C) Declare an array of textures. Use the textures in the array
>    instead of individual textures.

That's what I meant in B) of course. But it's still individual textures no
matter if they're in an array or not.

> D) Write a macro that declares a texture (transformed to fit)
> and then uses it in a triangle. This *should* work...in fact,
> I think it has been done.

Now I'm completely confused.

Maybe you've misunderstood me. Coding the POV-script that does the
UV-mapping is not the problem at all. I've already done that, and it works.
The problem is the amount of memory required: One unique texture for every
single triangle.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org